Well we had our appointment on Tuesday, January 30. Jerrod's mom came down to baby-sit so we could go together. I got my blood drawn first, then we went in for the ultrasound. They did the regular ultrasound first and she was looking for quite a while, but she never really said anything, so I started to get nervous. Jerrod asked and she said that I was further along than I was last time, but it was still early. Well, she said that she could see something but it was still so small, so she wanted to do another vaginal ultrasound to see better. So we started that one. It seemed that once again she just kept looking at stuff but never spoke. I was really getting worried that it was bad news. At one point she said "just a minute and I'll show you guys some stuff." I thought that sounded positive, but still wasn't sure. Then she showed us the screen and showed us the baby. And she showed us this teeny tiny little heartbeat! Oh what a relief that was! We got a picture of Little Bit. The baby is only .30 cm big right now! Talk about tiny! Dr. Richmond's nurse called me that afternoon and said the blood levels were also going up like they should, so we are ready to get started on our regular ob care! I am so thankful to God that this baby is okay. Logan was still sick, so I took him to the doctor on Tuesday as well. Unfortunately they said it was just a virus and we couldn't do anything about it. He still had a fever today (Wednesday - which is now technically yesterday!) And he also slept a lot. This was day 4 of him being sick - which is very rare for him! Hopefully he will be better today.
It started snowing Wednesday, and snowed all day. It didn't seem that bad, however, I guess the roads were slick. It took Jerrod well over an hour to get home from work! He went home the back way he normally goes and a truck coming the other way flagged him down and told him he better turn around because at the end of the hill there were 3 cars and there wasn't away to get around them. So he had to turn around and go the main way on the highway - which was at a standstill. He actually slid one time before the stopped traffic and ended up having to go on to the shoulder! I hope this weather clears up soon!!
Jerrod and I are still actively looking at houses. We really hate the apartment life. We didn't think 1 year would be that bad - but it proved us wrong! We got some new neighbors right next to us - and they are smokers (which it seems everyone that lives here but us is!) Anyways, the last 2 nights when I have gone into my bathroom it has smelled of smoke. My nose is extra sensitive now anyways and I am not happy. However, even Jerrod - who can't smell anything, can smell it. I think I'll be making a call to the apartment people.

No comments:
Post a Comment