Saturday, April 19, 2008

Painting, Movie Night & a Tantrum

I missed a couple of days so I'm sort of playing catch up here!


Painting
We spent Wednesday and Thursday painting. This is particularly frustrating considering our house is only 10 months old! FYI if you are building a house - flat paint and 3 boys don't mix! So we bought paint and painted. Of course it took a lot longer than we planned and I ended up finishing the job 5;30 am Friday! I had to stay up because we had company coming and well I'm sort of a tad of a perfectionist about things like that! Logan wanted to paint soooooo badly the entire time. Finally on Thursday night Jerrod let him help a bit. He had fun.


A Tantrum

Honestly I'm not even sure why he is throwing this tantrum. I'm not even 100% sure I knew what it was about when I took the picture. Owen is 2. These are quite commonplace now! And I've learned to just ignore them, or as in this case photograph them! Two year old tantrums are quite an interesting thing to watch. I would love to know what is actually going on in their little heads. Everything is fine. One tiny little thing doesn't go quite right. The whole body is suddenly hurled to the floor and the wailing begins. Something else comes up they are as happy as can be and going about their normal day as if nothing ever happened....fascinating!

*Edited to add, I remembered what this particular fit was about. Dad had given him a little bit of rootbeer (mom was not happy!); he wanted more, he was told no.... the rest is tantrum history!

Movie Night
Well of course while we're painting we need to come up with ways to keep the kids out of the way. They did play outside but it started getting cold and dark, so we needed a new plan. We rented a movie. They start out fairly interested...


....then we decide to goof around.
...then they leave. (I'm pretty sure this whole process lasted under 10 minutes!)

No comments: