We woke up early this morning and went to the zoo with my aunt Kathy, cousin Carrie and her two boys, Evan and Lucas. My boys get easily excited so just walking in and seeing an elephant fountain thrilled Logan! One of our very first stops was the penguins. The boys LOVED that! There were some outside, then we went in to the penguin house which was about 45 degrees - and let me tell you - it felt GOOD! Afterwards the boys rode the carousel. Logan was a little afraid at first because he thought it was too high, but once the ride got going he was better. Then the boys really wanted to ride the train. So we got our tickets, but it wasn't time yet, so we saw some monkeys and flamingos! Then we got to ride the train - all the boys LOVED the train! It was starting to get very very hot so we went to cool down and get something to drink. Then we went to see the sea lions and some more monkeys! After that we went to the gift shop! Treyton got an adorable little elephant, Logan wanted a penguin and Owen managed to find a car! It is a stuffed car that has 4 little zoo animals in it that each make noise. Everyone was getting hot and tired by this point so we tried to find our way out of the zoo. We ended up finding elephants, rhinoceroses, birds, and hippos! We did finally find the exit though! It was a really fun time. Then we went to find lunch!




After lunch we got back to the hotel and we all took naps! It took a little bit to get the kids to sleep because they were tired and cranky! I had to leave around 5:30 to go to Krissy's rehearsal. I was a little nervous about going by myself. I had my directions and headed out. I ended up doing fine and got to the church. One problem - it wasn't the correct church. Apparently there are a few St. Joseph churches in St. Louis! I talked to Krissy, who had me talk to her Dad. He got me headed the right direction, and then let me talk to his cousin. He got me close, and then decided to come get me! So he drove to where I was and I followed him to the church. I was like 2 blocks away! So needless to say I was a little late, but I did make it!! Krissy then rode with me to the rehearsal dinner!!! The rehearsal dinner was at an Italian restaurant called Maggianos. The food was amazing! Tonight was actually the first time I even met Krissy's fiance - he was so sweet. I got to meet a lot of people - and they were all so nice and friendly! Krissy and Ross each gave speeches at the rehearsal dinner and they were so touching and heartfelt. Then they gave us gifts for being in the wedding and they were too generous! It was really a fun night! (Oh and if you are wondering I made it back to the hotel with no problem!) I came in and Mr. Treyton was sound asleep!

No comments:
Post a Comment