We had an incident tonight. I hear Treyton crying. This isn't necessarily alarming - he does that from time to time. Jerrod yells at me to come in there quickly - this doesn' t happen so much. I go into the kitchen and Jerrod is holding Treyton and right above Treyton's eye is covered in blood. It looked terrible. So I may have started to freak out a bit - saying we needed to get him to a hospital. Jerrod was a tad more calm. We got a wet wash cloth and put pressure on it. After the blood was cleared away the cut was a lot smaller than I originally thought it was. The dishwasher was open and Logan and Treyton were playing in the kitchen. Treyton ended up falling and hit his eyebrow right on the very corner of the dishwasher door. Logan felt really bad and we assured him it was an accident and that Treyton was okay. Owen was also worried. He wanted Treyton to go to the doctor since he can fix it. He also wanted to fix it himself with a kiss. After we calmed Treyton down the boys were giving him toys too. It was really very sweet. We gave Treyton a bottle to calm down and I also gave him a dose of tylenol. After it wasn't bleeding as much we put some neosporin on it and a bandaid. He did bleed through that band-aid though. It wasn't much but I of course was still worried. We put another one on but it wouldn't stick. Having a cut in your eyebrow is very hard to cover up! And of course being the worrier I am I had to head to web md to make sure he was going to make it! I did end up cleaning his wound and then putting a butterfly band-aid on it. Then we put some more neosporin and a regular band-aid. He was really feeling great later on. We kept him up for a few hours and it was finally bedtime. Of course he didn't want to go to bed. We heard him in his room playing. I let him get up for a little while and play some more - he was in a great mood and had fun messing up the piles of laundry I had sorted! He finally went back to bed! I'm sure I will have to check on him a few times tonight!Sunday, December 07, 2008
Treyton's Owie :(
We had an incident tonight. I hear Treyton crying. This isn't necessarily alarming - he does that from time to time. Jerrod yells at me to come in there quickly - this doesn' t happen so much. I go into the kitchen and Jerrod is holding Treyton and right above Treyton's eye is covered in blood. It looked terrible. So I may have started to freak out a bit - saying we needed to get him to a hospital. Jerrod was a tad more calm. We got a wet wash cloth and put pressure on it. After the blood was cleared away the cut was a lot smaller than I originally thought it was. The dishwasher was open and Logan and Treyton were playing in the kitchen. Treyton ended up falling and hit his eyebrow right on the very corner of the dishwasher door. Logan felt really bad and we assured him it was an accident and that Treyton was okay. Owen was also worried. He wanted Treyton to go to the doctor since he can fix it. He also wanted to fix it himself with a kiss. After we calmed Treyton down the boys were giving him toys too. It was really very sweet. We gave Treyton a bottle to calm down and I also gave him a dose of tylenol. After it wasn't bleeding as much we put some neosporin on it and a bandaid. He did bleed through that band-aid though. It wasn't much but I of course was still worried. We put another one on but it wouldn't stick. Having a cut in your eyebrow is very hard to cover up! And of course being the worrier I am I had to head to web md to make sure he was going to make it! I did end up cleaning his wound and then putting a butterfly band-aid on it. Then we put some more neosporin and a regular band-aid. He was really feeling great later on. We kept him up for a few hours and it was finally bedtime. Of course he didn't want to go to bed. We heard him in his room playing. I let him get up for a little while and play some more - he was in a great mood and had fun messing up the piles of laundry I had sorted! He finally went back to bed! I'm sure I will have to check on him a few times tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
OUCHE!!!! Poor guy, great that his bro's wanted to make him all better!!! Have to tell you though...this won't be the last time he bumps himself, as I am sure you are aware of with three little guys!!! (((hugs))) cause it is always hardest on Mom!!!
Post a Comment